Assistant Professor Bobby Cheon (Division of Psychology, Nanyang Technological University and Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences, A*STAR) is currently seeking one research fellow at the Division of Psychology at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The research fellow will be joining a well-funded, interdisciplinary, and highly collaborative research team with opportunities to work with experts from diverse fields (e.g., neuroscientists, physiologists, biologists, nutritional scientists) on integrative research projects.
Specifically, the fellow will play a critical role designing, implementing, and overseeing research projects in the following areas:
- Contextual factors that influence group processes (e.g., cohesion, cooperation, competition, intergroup bias).
- Social and cultural influences on appetite, food preferences and eating behaviors.
- Integration of the first two areas to explore inter-relationships and mutual influences of social processes and food/eating practices.
The research fellow will also receive support for developing and testing new research ideas pertaining to these topics. This position is research-dedicated and involves no official teaching responsibilities.
The duration of the position is 2 years. The anticipated start date is July 18th 2016, but is open to flexibility. The research fellow will receive travel funding support for presentations at international conferences and meetings.
- PhD in experimental psychology including sub-fields of social, cultural, cognitive, or consumer psychology. Experience conducting experiments pertaining to appetite, eating behavior and/or group processes will be especially valued.
- Strong statistical and quantitative skills
- Record of productive research publications
- Experience with behavioral neuroscience methods (fMRI, EEG/ERP) is an advantage.
For consideration for the position, please submit CV, cover letter or research statement, at least 2 letters of recommendation, and copies of 3 representative research publications to Ms. Irene Melani (IREN0013@e.ntu.edu.sg).
Review of applications will begin on May 25th 2016, but applications received after this date will also be considered if the position has not been filled.
Please direct questions on the position to Dr. Bobby Cheon (email@example.com.).
About Nanyang Technological University
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is the fastest-rising university in the world’s Top 50 and ranked 39th globally. NTU is also placed 1st amongst the world’s best young universities.
About Living/Working in Singapore
Singapore is a vibrant, cosmopolitan and multicultural city-state in Southeast Asia. Singapore enjoys high standards of living comparable with major metropolitan areas in other industrialized countries. English is an official language of Singapore, thus fluent English-speakers are not required to learn a new language to live or work in Singapore. Proximity of Singapore to other regional destinations (e.g., Southeast Asian islands, East-Asia, Australia, etc.) allow for diverse travel and leisure opportunities.