Abstract Submission 2017
IMPORTANT: Please read the Abstract Submission Guidelines before preparing your abstract
This year’s theme focuses on bridging divides, including between health and social sciences, and between scholars and activists. We are accepting abstracts for oral presentations and posters on subjects related to weight stigma including, but not limited to:
- Weight stigma in society
- Weight stigma in medical settings
- Weight stigma in research, science, and academia
- Weight stigma in the media
- Weight stigma across social identities
- Weight stigma and social justice
- Public policy implications
- Policies, interventions, and campaigns to reduce weight stigma
- Internalised weight stigma
- Impact of weight stigma on health and wellbeing
We are particularly interested in presentations related to this year’s theme. Presentations on new and emerging research in other areas pertaining to anti-fat bias are also welcome. Students are especially encouraged to submit proposals.
There are prizes for the best oral presentation and best poster.
Submissions for oral presentations and conference sessions have now closed.
Please submit your abstracts using the form below.
Note, the submission system is not automated. Please allow up to 24 hours for email confirmation. If you have not heard by then, please let us know.